Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Jackson's latest antics

Well, Jackson's introduction to the world of "real" food has been quite successful. He is the equivalent of a mini-disposal. The kid sits in his booster seat and is all business-he puts his hands on either side of the top and leans forward and waits for each spoonful. If I'm going too slow, he warns me by starting with a little uhhhhhh uhhhhh, and if I don't catch on quickly enough, he brings it up a couple notches with some serious whining. So far he has tried a bunch of different fruits and veggies including avocado, sweet potato, and beans among others, but his most surprising favorite seems to be the prunes. Never would have guessed that one. I've also tried my hand at making some of his baby food. I've only made sweet potatos and carrots so far, but acorn squash and beans are in the works for sometime this week. I'll keep you posted.
Jackson also started playing a game with me for the first time the other day. We were playing with some blocks on the floor, and I would set them up and he would knock them down. Every time he did, he would laugh like crazy! I seriously almost started crying because it was so stinking cute. Such a simple game, but it brings so much joy to both of us! And his laugh has gotten so much more robust these days which makes it even cuter. I'll try to post a couple pictures in the next day or so.

No comments: