Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Florida pictures

Melanie, Missy, Jess, and I after our fun dinner out (without kids!) to the Melting Pot. Let me just say, I seriously rebelled about putting this picture up because my boobs are so HUGE in it (thank you Jackson), but it was the only picture I had of all four of us!
The next picture is of Jess and Mel.

Jackson and I had a great time in Florida. Todd actually stayed in St. Louis and golfed with his brother for a couple days, which worked out well for everyone since I don't think he would have enjoyed hanging out with 4 girls and 5 kids for the whole trip. If you have read most of the previous posts, you might remember that the point of this trip was to visit three of my childhood friends that I grew up with in Florida. It's been about 3 or 4 years since I've been back to Florida and so many changes have gone on in all of our lives since then- mainly we all have children now! But these girls are the type of friends that we can just pick up right where we left off and it's like we saw each other yesterday. One of the greatest memories I have with Jessica, Melanie, and Missy actually happened the last time I was in Florida. I was home not for a fun vacation, but because my dad was dying of cancer and it was only a matter of time. I spent the days at my dad's house seeing him whenever he was awake and semi-alert. Towards the end of the week, I planned to meet the girls to go out for dinner. That evening, right before they were coming to pick me up, I sat and held my dad's hand as he took his last breaths. A few minutes later, they called to tell me they were on their way and I told them what had just happened and I wasn't sure if I could go. My mom, bless her heart, told me I was going and that I didn't need to be around for what happened next. So a few minutes later, the girls drove up and I went out to the car. Everyone was sobbing, as they all knew my father well too. They hugged me and we sat in the car and cried for about 15 minutes and then we pulled ourselves together and went out to dinner and laughed a ton. It was just what I needed and I was so thankful that the Lord had so mercifully sent my friends to me just when I needed them. Anyway, sorry for the sad detour, but I just had to explain how much I love these girls! So we had a great time reminiscing and meeting each other's children and just hanging out.

No comments: