After a LOT of long cold days, today was a balmy 65 degrees and it felt heavenly. And to make the day even more perfect, I got to go shopping all day-BY MYSELF! No husband to rush me from store to store, no child to haul in and out of dressing rooms, no other people to have to meet up with or coordinate schedules with. It was amazing! I had forgotten how much of a luxury that really is. In my single days, I would shop by myself a couple times a week sometimes. Once Todd and I got married, our outings out of small town Orange City would usually consist of hitting a mall for a little while so that I could get my fix, but even though Todd tolerated being there, I never really felt I could give shopping the full attention I desired to because he would be waiting on a bench outside the store for me. And now that Jackson is here, well, shopping is a whole new story. I used to shop because it was a relaxing, entertaining thing for me. But with a baby, as many of you know, it is neither relaxing nor entertaining. So as I drove away from the house this morning in my little car (not the mini van I normally drive these days), I was able to turn the radio up and put the windows down and I felt so happy! Freedom for the whole day! I shopped for about 6 hours and I could have kept going, but I ran out of money. Sad. My goal for the day was to buy a few spring things so that I had something to wear for the upcoming Florida trip. I was having such a good time that it didn't even bother me that all of the clothes I was buying were a size bigger than they were before I had a baby. I managed to find some cute clothes that I thought looked halfway decent and I came home feeling refreshed and renewed. Praise the Lord!
Monday, March 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am a firm believer in the healing power of retail therapy. :-) Hope you have a great trip to Florida!
Post a Comment