Friday, July 3, 2009

The New House

Better late than never- but here are a few pictures of our new house. This will be the mini-tour, and I'll try to give updates as we get projects and rooms finished. Obviously, this is the front of the house, and we are loving the huge lot that it sits on. Jackson has a ton of room to roam, and Todd has a ton of yard to mow!
I've never been a big fan of split-level houses, but I loved the open floor-plan of the main floor of this house. This is the living room, and it opens up into the dining room and kitchen area which is really nice. We haven't really painted any of the main rooms in the house yet. Most of them are tolerable for a while, but I sort of like to live in the house for a while before making big changes.

And this is the dining room/kitchen area. Jackson likes to go out on the deck and blow bubbles and sometimes we have lunch out there when it's nice out.
This is Jackson's room. We did paint his room before we moved in because it was like a cave it was so dark. It was a dark pumpkin orange, and the previous owners had painted the ceiling the same color, so it was really dark. Some wonderful friends and my sister-in-law, Ally, came and helped paint the night we took posession of the house so we got that knocked out before we moved in, thankfully. It still has a long way to go, but it's so much brighter now and Jackson really likes all the floor space, and I love having most of his toys in his room instead of in the living room.

Downstairs, there are two more bedrooms, another bathroom and the "rec room", which is also where my sewing area is. I like that the basement of this house is really bright since most of it is above ground and it's a walk-out basement.

That wraps up the mini-tour for now. As I said, I will try to update pictures as we get things finished. We still have lots of work to do, and a short five week window before the Deuce shows up to get as much done as we can. Wish us luck!


3 comments:

Andy -n- Molly said...

Jenny, your house looks great! It must be nice to have that much space. Congrats on your new house!
-Andy

pelican1 said...

I'm excited to be able to see it soon...... I love what I see, though, and can't wait to enjoy the deck and yard with Jackson.

tangerinetree said...

Love the house and you are right an open floor plan is the best! Don't do too much--take it from someone else who moved in five weeks before her due date and ended up spending three nights in the hospital in the four weeks leading up to the delivery. I know it's hard to let stuff sit when you want to get moved in, but TRUST me, it's the best thing you can do for yourself and deuce vogel. Love you and am so excited for all your exciting new changes.