We are down to the wire here waiting for the arrival of "the Deuce"- I am 35 weeks as of yesterday. Not only has this child not told us his name yet, but he decided that he would give me a bit of a heart attack last night by trying his hardest to come early. Thankfully, after 4 shots of terbutaline and a night in labor and delivery the contractions have slowed. Yes, just slowed. I have to take oral terbutaline for the next two weeks to give this bugger time to cook longer and then we'll see what happens. I am so thankful that they were able to finally stop contractions as we really aren't prepared for this babe yet. I was planning to use every last bit of these last 5 weeks to get ready, so hopefully we'll still have it, or at least most of it. After I hit the 37 week mark, he'll be considered full term, so I'll go off the meds and then we'll see what happens. I'll update as there is anything to update you on! Pray that this little guy will hold out for at least two more weeks and that he will tell us his name!
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Well you wouldn't want life to be boring! We'll pray that he is born healthy and that you have a little more time to get ready for the big event.
Praying for you and baby! I just about had a heart attack reading that - so scary for you I'm sure - it sent a scare through me too - we have the car seat now but still need to go through our childbirth class on July 25th. Hoping our little boys will hang on a while longer!
how are you?! one week down--gotta be good for the bambino. Love you!
Post a Comment