We had to say goodbye to our sweet dog, Scarlet, on Monday. We knew that she was getting old and had some health issues, but she seemed to be getting increasingly uncomfortable and when we took her to the vet, they said that she had a number of terminal issues that would continue to deteriorate so we had to put her to sleep. We didn't want her to suffer, but it was a lot harder than I thought it would be to make the decision. The house seems very quiet without the clickety clack of her nails on the hardwood floors. She really was the sweetest dog. I got her as a rescue about 6 or 7 years ago and from day one, she was the most gentle, low-maintenance, grateful dog I've ever seen. She was so tolerant of Jackson and never once showed even the slightest bit of aggression towards him, even when he was torturing her. She will never be replaced. This picture is just an example of her tolerance- a toddler and a Superman costume all at the same time! Sweet Scarlet, we miss you!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Sweet Scarlet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
So sad!! But very loving of you to not want her to suffer.
I will miss her, too. She joins a long line of Brittanies who have been wonderful family members. When you get your new house I will get you a plant to be a Scarlet Memorial ( so be sure to get your house while the ground is soft enough for planting...hahaha).
So sorry to hear it. :( Such precious photos you have of her and Jackson!
I'm so sorry for your loss. I was really sad when I read this last week. Hope you all are doing okay.
Post a Comment