Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Progressive Dinner

I had some of the yummiest food I've had in a LONG time on Saturday. We were part of a progressive dinner that we did with our friends, the Rosenbooms and the Raines. Shanelle, Michele, and I were all talking one night about how we never get to use all of our fun entertaining things so we decided we'd go all out and have one fun big night at all of our houses, sans kids (which, despite all of the really good food, might have been my favorite part of the evening!).
We started out the evening at our house with appetizers. I made a rosemary goat cheese dip and three types of hummus-plain, black bean, and roasted red pepper. After appetizers and cocktails, we headed to Darin and Michele's for the main course, which I will not even attempt to pronounce or spell because I wouldn't do it justice because it was all Italian-y. But it was SO GOOD! Darin made steak rolls that were stuffed with pine nuts and raisins and were cooked in a wine sauce for a long time so they were nice and tender, then there was spaghetti noodles with cheese and pepper served in cheese bowls that he made himself also and roasted asparagus. I was so sad that I couldn't finish all of my food. But I was getting really full and I knew what was waiting for dessert so I had to pace myself! After a wonderful leisurely dinner, we went to Ryan and Shanelle's for dessert. Shanelle made a pumpkin maple cheesecake that was perfect, no cracks or anything! I'm quite impressed with my friends cooking abilities and am looking forward to enjoying it more often!! I took some pictures, but I'm sort of disappointed with how crappy they were and how few I took. I tried to post them but something was wrong with blogger so it wouldn't do it. I'll try again later, but don't get your hopes up- they're not that impressive. Sad.

No comments: