This afternoon I was faced with a long evening since Todd would be working until midnight. As I was wondering what Jackson and I would do to pass the time until bed, my friend Shanelle and her daughter Rae came a-knocking. So we sat around and talked for a while since her husband and son were "out in the fields" and wouldn't be home until later in the evening too. Then comes another knock...and in comes another friend, Gina, and her daughter Ella. She needed some paint color opinions and saw she could get a two-for-one deal since Shanelle was over too. So we gave our input and they stayed for a while and talked and played and then left. Shanelle and I threw together a quick, easy dinner for the four of us and after we ate-what do you know, but here comes another knock on the door! Another friend had stopped by to drop off a party invitation for next week. It was all such a fun surprise and totally helped pass the time. By the time Shanelle and Rae left, all we had left for the evening was bathtime, a walk, and then off to bed for Jacko. Not half bad for a night that I was sort of dreading.
Wednesday, October 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi, Sweetheart,
I think the OC is one of the nicest small towns I've even been in...and I love your friends.
The St. Louis pictures were great!!!
Hugs,
Ma
Post a Comment