So I spent three hours in the ER last night for no good reason. I went for my usual run with my friends Shanelle and Michele last night and about 5 minutes in, I stepped on a rock and turned my ankle one way, then the other. Both ways were accented with nice popping noises. And then I fell on the side of the road. And tried my hardest to not say naughty words. Shanelle booked it back to get a car and Michelle sat on the side of the road with me and held my foot on her lap while I writhed in pain for a while and continued to try to not say naughty words. In between tears and semi-curses we had a few giggles though. At one point, some people walked right past us sitting on the curb, me with my leg on Michele's lap and crying, and I am sure that they thought we were girlfriends having a little lovers spat or something. It was a nice moment of comic relief. So they took me back to my house where Todd decided I should go to the ER to have X-rays to rule out any breaks. He stayed home since Jack was already asleep and the girls came with me. It was quite the bonding experience. No broken bones, but a good sprain later, I've been doing as much sitting on the couch as possible today with my foot up. That's not easy with a toddler. I'm not very coordinated walking on crutches as it is, but Jackson likes to grab at them as I try to walk by which makes it even more difficult. Shanelle decided the occasion needed to be documented so as we were leaving the house for the ER, she grabbed the camera. This angle doesn't really do the swelling justice, but you get the idea. Please disregard the unshaven leg and the terrible need for toenail polish removal! Some things are just on the bottom of the priority list.
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Jenny!
Your ankle again! Yikes. Sorry to hear it. I hope you heal quickly.
It sounds like, ankle sprains aside, things are going well with you.
-Kim
Hey, I hate it when rocks (chairs, walls, whatever) jump out in front of me (or you). Glad to hear you're on the mend.....
I'm lovin' the pictures you post - and I loved the entry about Jackson and the concert..... It's hard to believe a year ago we were waiting impatiently for him to arrive.... I would imagine the sprained ankle was less uncomfortable than being 9 months pregnant, except for that first night.
Love,
Mom
Yay!! Mom finally figured out how to leave comments!! Good work, and I expect many to come! Love, J
Post a Comment