Thursday, September 13, 2007

Fun New Things

Jackson has learned a few more new things lately that keep reminding me he is a toddler now- almost 1! First, he has started climbing. He loves to climb the stairs, he tries to climb his little walker toy, and he has learned how to climb into his little rocking chair. This morning, we were downstairs in the basement playing and he climbed into his chair and was just hanging out in it for a bit so I turned on Sesame Street and he actually watched it! He never sits still long enough to watch tv, so this was a big change. I watched him watching the tv and he sort of bopped along to a couple songs and then there was a little girl playing "peek-a-boo" with a baby, which happens to be one of Jackson's favorite games. As he watched, I heard him say "Teet-a-too" in his little sing-songy voice. That was him saying "Peek-a-boo"! So cute! Another interesting first- I went to get him out of his crib the other morning when he woke up and he was not really happy. I noticed that he had taken his pants off which was something new, but I picked him up and brought him into our room and laid him on the bed and then realized he didn't even have a diaper on! The little stinker had taken his pants off and then taken his diaper off! Thank goodness he didn't have a messy diaper.
After I took these pictures this morning, it reminded me of the first pictures we have of him in this rocker when he was first born. This picture was taken the evening we came home from the hospital, so he was about 4 days old. Oh how fast the days have gone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
I just found your blog via Sarah's blog, and I loved seeing pictures of your little Jackson! He's a cutie! Our little Levi turns one next month, so they're pretty close in age, and I can totally relate to your stories of "toddling," climbing, and general destructiveness. :)

Jenny said...

Yay Janna! I'm so glad you found us...I'd love to hear how you are doing so drop me an e-mail anytime- vogel.jenny@gmail.com Thanks for reading! Jenny