We've been on the house hunt lately- can't remember if I ever made the announcement, but we sold our house! Yay! But in about 60 days or less we will be homeless. Boo! Needless to say, we are feeling that it is crunch time on finding a house but we're just having a bit of trouble finding the one that's just right. I figured I needed a project to take my mind off of the stress of not knowing where we will live, so I decided that I wanted to make a quilt. And of course, you can't just start with a small baby quilt or anything...that would be too easy. I want to make a twin size quilt for when Jackson transitions to a big boy bed when we move and before the Deuce comes. I've been collecting fabric and trying to figure out what I want it to look like, but I haven't quite gotten that narrowed down yet. Today I decided I should maybe practice and see if I even have a clue what I'm doing, so I went through my scraps and cut some squares and pieced a little block together. 
I purposely did it in a random pattern so there really isn't any rhyme or reason to it, but maybe some day it will become part of something fun. How did I do Mom? I showed it to Todd and in a horrified voice he said, "That's not for Jackson is it???" and then he said, "You do know we're having another boy, don't you?" Always has to be a smart alec.

1 comment:
You did an amazing job!! If you can do it in something that size, you can do it in a bed quilt. Tuck that one away for when your little girl arrives..... you can build on it (Love the fabrics). I just saw the Easter pictures too - a sight for lonely eyes. Love you all. Mom
Post a Comment