Last weekend, we got together with Randy, Ally, and the kiddos at Grandma V's for a belated Easter celebration. I can't believe it is still cold enough for coats and hats, but it is, sadly. Jackson, Ella, and Max had a fun time searching for the eggs that Grandma V hid outside. If Jackson had his hat off in this picture, you'd be amazed at how alike these kids all look! Apparently the Dutch genes are quite strong.
This is just a random picture from the other day. We had to go to Worthington, MN. for something, which is about an hour away, and we stopped at the lake there for a bit to let Jackson play at the park and to watch the ducks. It was just neat to see how half of the lake was still covered with ice. It was kinda pretty. Not much new to report. Jackson is becoming more and more of a talker these days. He understands so much, and I'm beginning to understand what he's "saying" a lot of the time. He usually has the right idea, it just doesn't always come out right. For example: he is obsessed with trucks lately and points every....single....one....out- all....the....time... You get the idea. On our trip to and from St. Louis, he had a hay day because there were so many on the roads. Anyway, truck sort of comes out as, well, a naughty word that sort of rhymes with truck. So basically Jackson cussed at us for 8 hours there and 8 hours back. Needless to say, we're working hard on getting "truck" to come out right. I took some video of him talking the other day and I'll try to post that soon for your viewing entertainment. All for now!
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Easter-Round 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I seem to remember a certain roommate of mine telling me about a foster brother that liked to say truck too---maybe it's coming back to haunt you?!!! Great to catch up yesterday...I miss you!!
Cute pictures and truck story!
Ah, yes, the Timmy stories do come back to haunt us, don't they? I do see a resemblance to the Vogel cousins, for sure. You have a strong, fine husband, with good strong genes.....Dutch, of course!
Luv u,
Post a Comment