Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Bad Blogger!

It's been a while! Sorry for the lack of activity lately. Really can't think of any good reasons, I just haven't gotten around to it. So I'll try to catch you up a bit.
Yesterday was Todd's birthday!! We had a good time celebrating at home with just the three of us. He requested his favorite meal of steak, asparagus, and twice baked potatoes so I willingly obliged, especially since he still grilled the steak even though it was freaking cold outside. But it turned out great and we found out that Jackson has expensive taste just like his mom and dad when it comes to steak. He loved it and probably ate as much as I did. I didn't get anything too exciting for Todd because he wants a hybrid golf club, so he has to pick it out himself. And I will admit to cheating, this picture is from Todd's birthday last year. I was so lame that I didn't even take any pictures. Sorry Babe! But I love you lots. Happy Birthday!


Randy and Ally and family moved to a different house in Sioux Falls this past weekend, so we were busy there on Friday night and Saturday helping paint and strip wallpaper and all sorts of other things before the new carpet got installed on Monday. Lots of work, but Ally has a way of making any house feel very homey, so I know it will all be worth it. The were so pooped though. Saturday night, they just plopped a matress in the dining room and slept there for the next two days since they couldn't really move any furniture in yet. I can't wait to see what it looks like with the new carpet and furniture in place!


Jackson is continuing to learn new things every day. He is becoming such a big boy, as evidenced by his wanting to sit at the table like we do and not in his booster chair. Playing Peek-A-Boo with the camera...

He is showing signs of being a bit like his mother in that he really thrives on routine and organization. For example, when it is bath time, he does the same thing every time: he runs to the tub and "helps" me turn the water on and check the temperature. They he runs to his room and point up to the shelf with all the bath toys on it. Once we get them down, he runs back to the bathroom and I let him throw the bath toys into the tub one by one. Then he'll finally stand still long enough for me to undress him and get him into the tub. And then he stands there and pees in the tub. Every time. Such a boy.
He also has been really interested in shoes lately. This morning, he was trying to help me get dressed and he kept trying to pick out my clothes for me. He picked out my dirty jeans, a tank top and my black heels. Quite an outfit for a cold winter day around the house. He was ok with me choosing to put on my sweatpants and t-shirt, but was quite insistent about the shoes that I needed to wear. So I obliged and walked around the house for about 5 minutes in my heels and then he finally forgot about it, thank goodness! So that's all some of the latest from around here. Happy March everyone!

3 comments:

pelican1 said...

Haha - I can just see my little guy now...... and I'm so glad your big guy had a good birthday. One of these years, you'll have to plan your winter vacation here around his birthday so he can play golf for his big day.

And, BTW, I think structure and routine are just wonderful things!!!

Anonymous said...

About time we heard from you . . . we thought you might be stuck in a snow drift somewhere! We always enjoy seeing and reading about Jackson's escapades.

Michelle Acton said...

Peeing in the tub...awesome! Boys are wild creatures. Wesley took a wiz in the grass in the middle of a church picnic one time. I was mortified.