One of the projects on my list can finally be crossed off. We finished painting the kitchen cabinets, or at least are 95% done. A moth flew into two of the doors before they were still dry so they have to be repainted. Stupid moth. But I really like the way it looks. The kitchen is tiny and the dark cabinets really closed it in, so the white brightens it up and makes it feel not so claustrophobic. There are still some things I don't like about the cabinets, like the the little decorative wood ruffle above the sink, but we've decided that we aren't going to put a ton of time, effort, and money into this house because it really is only a starter house since it just has two bedrooms. Fine for us now, but when another baby comes along, could be a little crowded. But I do love our little house and it definitely feels like home. As for the rest of the things on the list of summer projects, we'll see what happens. It took us a lot longer to get this done than we thought, so maybe we'll just quit while we are ahead!
Monday, July 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
It looks great!! -Kim
Jenny
I love the white!!! Good choice. Not that you needed my approval,
shauna
ps--I am upset I didn't get to go to dinner with you Erin and shonda, you need to remember to invite me :)
LOVE THE CABINETS! I know from experience that it's a giant pain in the you-know-what.
Post a Comment