So, the budget has been reinstated at the Vogel house which means we are having to practice a little restraint and creativity to entertain ourselves these days. Last night, we had the best night for the low, low price of about $7. After dinner, we decided to head out to the golf course and hit some balls at the driving range. Todd loves to golf, and I'm interested in learning so we loaded Jackson up and headed out. Bonus that it was a beautiful evening so it was very pleasant being outside. We just put Jackson in his stroller and he sat and watched as we hit golf balls. Surprisingly, he was very entertained. Of course, I probably would be entertained by watching my mother swing a stick at a little white ball over and over and the ball always staying in the same spot, while she jumped up and down and made funny noises. But I did finally get the hang of it after a few pointers from my very patient husband and started doing pretty well. I'm looking forward to doing it again sometime soon and maybe even playing 9 holes some morning with Todd. On the way home, we stopped at Hardies to get a yummy chocolate milk shake for dessert. Those are my favorite! And then after Jackson went to bed, Todd and I sat outside on the deck and got a fire going in the fire pit and spent the rest of the evening outside talking and enjoying each other's company. It was the best date we've had in a while. And the fun carried over to this morning, at least for me. Todd wanted to get the oil changed in the van, so he took Jackson with him and the boys spent the morning at Wal-Mart while I spent the morning reading and sleeping. It was quite heavenly. So we'll see what sort of other cheap adventures we can find in the next couple weeks. If anyone has any other fun, cheap ideas, please pass them on!
Saturday, July 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Jen,
We have the one-salary budget implemented here as well. Chinese food was a recent favorite because they give you so much in one meal, you can split it...if you can agree on what to order!
Love catching up on the Vogels!
We're going to be in STL from Dec. 20-Dec. 30th this year. I know you now have family spread even farther apart, but would be great if you happened to be passing through then.
Talk to you soon!
Love,
Sarah
Post a Comment