I feel like a new person this week. Much to Todd's dismay, last week was a rough one for me. I was beginning to wonder if it was possible to get the "baby blues" four months after your baby was born instead of right after. I can't quite put my finger on what the cause of the problem was, but I was feeling really down about myself as a wife and mother and I was very hyper-sensitive about EVERYTHING! Poor Todd just tried to be as quiet as possible so he didn't say something to unwittingly turn me into a pile of tears. But as usual, God knew what I needed even though I didn't have a clue myself. Friday morning, my friend Shanelle just showed up at my door and asked if I wanted some company. She had no idea that I was struggling, as my pride wouldn't allow me to really let anyone know what was going on, but she just popped by because she was driving by and didn't have anything else going on at the time. If my appearance didn't give her a clue as to my state of mind, the fact that I practically started weeping as soon as she sat down on the couch probably gave it away. She stayed with me for a couple hours and reassured me that I was a good wife and mother and that hormones were not my friend these days. It's funny, if your husband tells you that the reason you are crying is because your hormones are all screwed up, you get ticked off and even more upset. If your girlfriend tells you, you agree and think she's the smartest person ever. Anyway, she talked me down from the proverbial ledge and we marveled at the way that God just drove her over to my house at the perfect time. I am so thankful that I have people in my life who can show me even the smallest ways that the Lord continually provides for me. I love being reminded in tangible ways that He cares for me, and this was one of those times.
Wednesday, February 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Jenny! I'm excited that you have a blog. I'm also sad that you are sad, and it makes me want to get in my car and drive to Orange City to see you - a possibility that I just need to make reality! I'm thinking of you and will be in touch more soon! Love, Kim
Jenny, Thanks for starting your blog and for being so honest with us and making yourself vulnerable. About your body, your tears and that whole ledge thing! ha ha We've all been there and for some reason think we need to hide this fact from those that love us. Why do we do that? when we know talking it out always helps things??
Anyway... I love you and miss you but am so glad that you are happy.. ok, maybe joyful is the more appropriate term right now!
Look forward to more postings...
Love
Kat
Post a Comment