I'm sitting here at the computer with the baby monitor on listening to Jackson whimper and moan. It's so sad. The poor kid is sick still. I took him back to the doctor today since his fever was climbing (102!). They checked him out pretty thoroughly-tested for influenza, took blood, chest x-ray...all came back negative so that was a relief. Apparently he has bronchitis. I have to take him back to the doctor in the morning so they can check him out again...that is unless we end up in the ER tonight if his temperature goes higher. He hasn't done much today but sleep and whimper. This is the part of motherhood that I was hoping to delay for as long as possible...the part where your heart aches for your child because he's hurting and there's not much you can do to help. Last night as Todd and I were getting ready for bed once Jackson had fallen asleep we were discussing how hard it must be to have a child that is seriously ill. I'm so thankful that this is something that is easily fixable with medication and a little TLC. But it got me to thinking about all of the years ahead of us and how many more times we will be fearful for our child, whether due to sickness, emotional turmoil, or poor decision-making. I am so thankful that Jackson is a Covenant child and that his Heavenly Father loves him and knows his waking and sleeping and everything in between. It is a comfort beyond measure.
Friday, February 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It is so fun to catch up on your life. Thanks for posting. You are great at this!
Post a Comment