Friday, February 26, 2010

Loving my boys...

Part of the reason I started a blog was so that I had a place to put down some things that I hope to remember forever. In the hustle and bustle of everyday life, it seems that I forget to remember these little moments of sheer entertainment that my boys provide me with...

The other night when I was putting Jackson to bed, he asked me to read him a book. I had already turned off the lights in his room and was laying on the bed with him and in my laziness, I really didn't want to get up so I decided to just tell him a story. So I proceeded to make up a story all about how a bunch of firemen pulled up in a firetruck in front of our house and called out to Jackson that they needed his help putting a fire out. The story ended with Jackson saving the day and everyone cheering and thanking him and then him coming home and getting a big cookie and some lemonade. While I was telling him the story, I could see him just swelling up with pride at the thought that everyone was cheering for him and that he had saved the day and he kept scrunching up his shoulders with a "well, that's what I do, Mom" kind of look and he just couldn't stop smiling. When the story was over, the first thing he did was ask if I could be the teacher in his Sunday school class next time so I could tell all the other kids that story about him. Then he asked me to tell it again. And it's been the request every night since then. Of course, since I made the story up, I can never remember exactly what I said the first time, but Jackson always reminds me if I miss a part.

And our little peanut, Deacon is just that....a peanut. He is seven months old today and crawling all over the place and sometimes looks like he's trying to stand up. Nuts! We had his 6 month well child check up the other day and he is only 3rd percentile for both height and weight so we're working on trying to pack the pounds onto this kiddo. He pretty much lives with his tongue sticking out, which is super cute. Even when he smiles, his tongue is out. He really is just such a happy, content, laid back baby which I am ever so thankful for! I love my boys so much!

No comments: